Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures and Their Benefits
Cosmetic dentistry refers to any dental treatment that improves the appearance of your teeth and gums. At Emerson Family Dental, cosmetic procedures are used to aesthetically improve your teeth’ color, shape, size, position, and alignment for a healthier smile.
When you visit the cosmetic dentistry near you, you may receive either one or more of the procedures discussed below for dental aesthetics.
Our teeth become stained or discolored due to certain medication, trauma, smoking, or taking foods and drinks that are highly pigmented. Teeth whitening is the process of bleaching teeth to brighten them and improve their color.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
- After the treatment, you will have a brighter smile.
- The embarrassment caused by your discolored teeth is replaced by high self-esteem after your teeth have been whitened.
- You are ensured of better oral health since stains caused by bacteria are removed, and the risk of cavities and gum disease is minimized.
These are custom shells made of porcelain to cover the front side of the teeth to change their color and shape. Veneer dentistry improves teeth that are wide-gapped, chipped, permanently stained, mal-shaped, or crooked.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
- They improve your appearance and boost self-confidence
- Are used to strengthen teeth
- They look like natural teeth
- Porcelain-made dental veneers are good for the gums
- Teeth do not require to be shaped as much as when putting crowns
These are surgical fixtures used to replace a missing tooth or teeth. They hold artificial teeth or dental crowns in place in the patient’s mouth. According to the condition of the remaining teeth and gums, you may opt for full or partial implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Improved oral hygiene. Accessing between the teeth to brush and floss is easier after a dental implant.
- Improve appearance because they look like natural teeth.
- Speech improvement. Dental implants correct speech impediments caused by missing teeth.
- Easier eating. The implants function like your natural teeth, and you can eat easily and comfortably.
These are ‘caps’ that completely cover a tooth to cover its imperfections and restore appearance and shape.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Dental crowns cover the teeth completely to support and strengthen weak, cracked, or broken teeth helping them function properly.
- Are used to change the shape and size of a tooth to help the patient eat and speak properly.
- After root canal therapy, they help protect a tooth from further decay and damage.
- Those made of porcelain resemble natural teeth in color and are resistant to stains.
This cosmetic dentistry procedure involves bonding a tooth-colored resin material to existing teeth to improve their aesthetic appearance. It is used to repair teeth decay, discoloration, damage, repair wide-gapped teeth, and small-sized teeth.
Benefits of Composite Bonding
- Several dental flaws such as chips, cracks, gaps, and discoloration can be taken care of within a single treatment.
- You are assured of aesthetically appealing teeth and a more confident smile.
- This treatment is fast and can be completed in one visit since it does not require much preparation.
- It is non-invasive and requires minimal enamel removal
- It’s less expensive compared to other cosmetic dentistry procedures.
This treatment addresses the diagnosis, prevention, and correction of teeth and jaws that are mal-positioned and bite patterns that are misaligned. The appliances used in orthodontic treatment retrain muscles, move teeth slowly and place gentle pressure on the teeth and jaw to affect the growth of the jaw.
Some of them are:
- Palatal expansion
- Clear aligners
- Space maintainers
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
- It restores the function of the teeth by correcting bad bites and making them easy to chew.
- Improves the teeth’ appearance by correcting issues such as crowding and spacing
- Promotes oral health by repairing crooked teeth that are hard to clean.
- Issues such as headaches, shoulder pain, and TMD can be alleviated through orthodontic treatment.
Enamel Shaping and Re-Contouring
This is a procedure to improve the appearance of teeth by removing or re-contouring the dental enamel. It is used to improve teeth that are crooked, overlapping, and irregular, chipped, or have bulges in the enamel.
- Improving the appearance of teeth by creating more balance.
- It is a quick and painless procedure with instant results.
- Pain in the jaw and head caused by bad bites is alleviated.
- It improves the health of your mouth.